Friday, June 23, 2006

Christmas in July?

I'll admit it. I am a huge dork. I love Christmas. I love the decorations, the music, the presents (giving and receiving), and the snow (not that we get any of that here!).
This morning, as I was waiting for the coffee to brew, I had a wee little thought. It is almost July. Christmas in July. Hmmmmmmm. Sounds like a swap to me! But we won't just stop at Christmas - we'll thrown in any winter holiday you celebrate!

Here's the details:

1. Sign ups will begin immediately, and end on Wednesday June 28 at midnight CST.

2. Please don't sign up unless you really want to swap!

3. You must contact your pal when you've sent your package and when you've received it. You must also contact me, so that I can keep track of y'all!

4. Packages should contain at least one "Christmassy/Hanukkahy/Winter Solsticey" thing - an ornament, lights, any decorations, etc., and anything else you'd like to include (hmmm, yarn?).

5. Packages must also include something you make - it can be anything and does not have to be holiday related.

6. This is a low-key swap - let's keep it around $30ish.

7. Matches will be made by June 30, and packages must be mailed by July 30.

Please let me know if you have questions! You can sign up by emailing me at christmasinjulyswap AT gmail DOT com. Please include your name, address, email address and blog (if you've got one).

Let's celebrate!

ETA: More information can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. OOh yay! I love this idea. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should this gift include some kind of fibery goodness?

    For example enough to makes a scarf, mittens, pair of socks etc..

    ReplyDelete