Sunday, April 23, 2006

One up, one down

Last weekend (in a small break from the sockpal socks), I cast on for a new project. Oops.

Unfortunately, I can't disclose exactly what this is, as it is a gift. For now, we'll call it the pink blob.

However, this progress was at the cost of the Leaf Lace Shawl. I pulled the shawl out last weekend (when it was 100 degrees outside and too hot to knit with anything heavier), and started it back up. I was motoring along (and thinking to myself, wow, I've really got this down! Look at me go!), when disaster struck. Somehow I had messed up my stitch count, and for the life of me I could not figure out how to fix it. I was only about 30 rows into it, so I rippppppppped it all out.

Luckily, this lack of progress has not dissuaded me! I really enjoyed working on the lace, and it was light enough that the weight of both the project and the yarn didn't bother me when it was fairly warm in my house (over 80), so I see the potential for lots of lace knitting this summer!


Sadly, I have not made much progress on anything of note this weekend. It was one of those weekends that just got away from me. I hate feeling like I didn't get "everything" done on the night before I have to go back to work. But it's OK - so nothing got done. C'est la vie! There's always next weekend!

The "helpers" wore themselves out with all their "helping."



How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely going into Monday feeling somewhat relaxed. It will dissipate, however, when I realize I didn't do any of the "work" I was supposed to be doing. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curiously, I think I had the same weekend plans as your animal friends seem to - laze fest. :)

    ReplyDelete