Saturday, April 22, 2006

I go to pieces

Sweater pieces that is.

One of my goals for my three day-weekend was to finish up the V-Neck sweater and Chrysalis. Sadly, neither of these may happen - I have a lot more than I thought to go on Chrysalis, and I ran out of yarn on the v-neck.

Bulky v-neck sweater blocking.

I apologize for the horrible color in this picture - it was blocking in The Girl's room, and her pink walls reflect so much light that it messes up the picture!

I was worried about having a yarn shortage as I could not get a consistent listing of the actual yardage of the skeins - the skeins themselves say 59, the Classic Elite books say 71, and different websites fall somewhere in between.

I seamed it up with the little I had left and found some more at Little Knits to do the "collar." I think I'll really like it - It's bulky but not to baggy or long, so it doesn't feel really heavy. Hopefully the yarn will be here in a few days so I can finish it up - pictures then!



I finally powered through the second sleeve of Chrysalis and joined the sleeves to the body this morning - a great deal of yoke to go though.


I also finished up the back of the Inside-Out sweater yesterday. Now only four pieces to go!


And I drug this out of the "abandonded WIP" pile - it's Stripey Cardi! I really want this finished, and as I was getting it out for the picture I remembered how much I enjoyed these colors and the yarn - hopefully I'll have it done to wear this year!

The real sickness though is that I really want to cast on for a new sweater. I'm trying to resist casting on for anything new until I finish Chrysalis. We'll see how long that lasts!

9 comments:

  1. 3 sweaters? 4 sweaters? you're having all sorts of fun down there! love the bright stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your socks in the previous few posts. And your sweaters look so great. I really love the hand-dyed yarn. I think socks would be really great in that yarn.

    I received your Project Spectrum postcard yesterday. Thank you. Mine is on its way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Lord woman, how many sweaters are you making? LOL!!! That's amazing!

    Man, I really need to crack down on the one grown up garment I've got on the needles. It's nice to see your pics and be reminded that progress is possible...even on big projects ;0)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an awful lot of sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the stripey cardi is gonna be cute...too bad you will never get to wear any of these in this one horse HOT town!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. my word verication was fuxjjd...NAUGHTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:24 PM

    And I was just feeling mildly productive :) Just kidding! That's alot of great work - can't wait to see the FO's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The v-neck yarn is so soft looking, and I LOVE the stripey cardi. I can't wait to see them finished.

    You've inspired me to reveal my (gulp) four sweaters in progress. Perhaps that will light a fire under my procrstinating behind? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:17 AM

    quoting Patsy Cline - you are definitely a hillbilly now!!
    pretty sweaters

    ReplyDelete