Monday, October 16, 2006

Not my knitting

We got a box full 'o knitting from the UPS man today! What was inside? Our anniversary present from mom!

Mom has been making these for everyone in the family, and we are very excited to have received ours. It is the perfect color for our house, and I'm looking forward to snuggling under it, if it ever gets cold here.




More shots, just for fun.





And I received my prize yarn for the sock contest! It's lovely, and I cannot wait to knit it up! Thanks so much!

I hope to have more pictures for you soon, however, I seem to have injured my hand, so the knitting is on hold. When that lovely UPS man rang the doorbell, the lab knocked me down en route to the door. I caught myself with my right hand, but the dog bowl got in the way. Ouch. I think I'll have a huge bruise tomorrow, but right now it hurts too bad to hold a pencil, not to mention a knitting needle. We're icing it right now, so hopefully it won't be too bad tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, your poor hand! I hope it feels better so you can knit.

    What a lovely afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. I hope you don't mind that I've listed it on my blog site as one of my favorites?
    I hope your hand feels better soon! Not being able to knit is a huge problem! I also really like those clogs. I'm going to have to see about making myself some. We have hardwood floors, and it gets rather chilly . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blankie is so pretty - your mom does wonderful work. So sorry to hear about your hand - I hope it is feeling much better soon. Of all times to have an injury, Socktober would have to be the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:00 PM

    you clumsy girl! and you took ballet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww - new yarn and no hand to knit with!! Bad Dog!! (Does he have a thing for the UPS man?) I feel bad for you! I hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your hand feels better quickly!! Lovely afghan and fun contest yarn.

    ReplyDelete