Sunday, November 26, 2006

X marks the spot

X is for Cross Stitch. I know it's sort of cheating, but you do make x's in cross stitch!



I was an avid cross-stitcher in high school and just after college. It was one of the first needlework things mom taught me to do, and it was by far my favorite.













I love the detail you can get in cross stitch, but it does take forever to do anything of any size.




I have completed several more items, a few of which live with mom now - including the one I am most proud of - a Mary Engelbreit Santa. Perhaps when she gets her holiday decorations out she'll take a picture and send it to me?











These are two currently in progress. One is nearly done and one is just started. I would love to have more of both of these done (especially the one that just needs one more color and the backstitching), but I can't seem to put down the knitting long enough to get to them. Perhaps this summer when I'm not working and it seems too hot to knit. It was a "resolution" way back when that just didn't get kept. We'll see if I can do better next year.








More FOs to come this week!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:28 PM

    Beautiful work!! It must be hard to switch to the much smaller needle after knitting needles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love the way that looks, and especially the stockings and stuff. But it does take so long . . .

    ReplyDelete