Saturday, November 04, 2006

Because I need it like I need a hole in the head

More sock yarn.

From Hill Country Yarns - yum. Took forever to get here, but due the the Christmas knitting it will have to wait some time to be knit up, so it doesn't really matter.

And a lone skein of Trekking XXL in color 05. The colors are right up my alley. Sadly, I can find no pictures of this knit up, so it will be a bit of a mystery. Whenever I get to it, that is.

And yes, this was all ordered some time ago, so I haven't broken my "no new yarn for me" rule yet. I even managed to go to knit night at the LYS and only buy yarn for a gift. It was tough, but I just kept remembering how much I had at home, and how many projects I need to get done, both for myself and for the Christmas knitting. Yikes.

5 comments:

  1. Nice colors! And I'm even more impressed with your self-restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!! You may not have really needed it, but you wanted it...so you got it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man - that yarn is so pretty it's killing me. Note to self, 'Keep credit card in purse. Keep credit card in purse. Keep credit card in - does PayPal count?'

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As in Hill Country Texas? Supporting local business, right? That's a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend Erica finished socks in Trekking and has pictures on her blog at knitknitknittyknit.blogspot.com. They're a different colorway but you'll get the idea. I have some Trekking waiting to get on the needles...it's yummy!

    ReplyDelete