Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wa Wa Wa Wa Wednesday

We have a tiny bit of ice and they have already closed school for tomorrow. Bleh. Now, if I had to go, I would be cheering, but this ruins a day of top secret knitting for me. Ah well, I'll have to find other things to work on - maybe some sewing projects instead.

Today I have a tiny bit of stash enhancement to show you.

One word - cashmere.


Bought on ebay - 300g of a laceweight cashmere blend. What to do with this? It's not quite enough for a sweater (I don't think), so some sort of wrap/shawl seems appropriate. But what? Any suggestions?

And for my Jaywalker socks -mmmmmm, Koigu.


This is my first Koigu. It was on sale in the Knit Happens online store last weekend, so I snatched up two skeins. No one in the area sells it, and the only place I've seen it is Hill Country where it is $12.50. At Knit Happens regular price it was $10, on sale for $8, so even though I though shipping was a *bit* expensive, it was still cheaper than buying it at Hill Country. Plus they didn't have such a pretty color.

This picture doesn't really do the color justice - it is a lovely mix of dark and light pinks, purples and yellow. I've got it lying on my coffee table keeping me motivated to finish all this holiday knitting!

Finally, before I drag myself off to bed, I cannot say enough thank yous for all the wonderful supportive comments. I know I don't respond to each of you (mostly because of blogger's stupidity), but I read and treasure each and every one. And to all you lurkers out there, I know who you are! Don't be shy, say hi!

Today my baby is one year old. He weighs *just* a bit more than he did here. Add a zero after that 8 lbs, and you'd be close. He's so sweet. He got a new stuffed goose for his birthday and daddy gave him one of the pork bones from dinner. Yum. Love you Miles Davis! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

  1. cashmere....*drool*

    the doggie is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:24 PM

    Oh what a cutie he is. Does he "sing" along to jazz?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... cashmere and Koigu. So pretty! That would motivate me to finish my holiday knitting, if I weren't the kind of loser who decided not to do any gift knitting. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your cutie patootie! :-) Oh my goodness, I am so envious of your beautiful new yarn! That cashmere is to die for. What a gorgeous color! And the Koigu- so amazingly beautiful! I've never bought Koigu before, but from pricing around, I'd say you did good!! We can't get it locally, either, so thanks for the heads-up on the online sale (and the forewarning on shipping!). Can't wait to see the wonderful stuff you knit up with it! :-)

    ReplyDelete