Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Single Sock Seeks Same




I've started to worry that I've accidentally joined the Single Sock Liberation Movement. Although I am in great company, I was not expecting this detour.

Fortunately, I managed to finish a pair this week.



Pattern: generic top-down sock
Yarn: Lang Jawoll - 2 skeins
Needles: Sz 2.25mm ChiaGoo DPNs
Mods: n/a
Thoughts: I'm not a huge fan of this yarn. I'm not sure why exactly I don't like it, but it may have something to do with the "superwash" (though I've used other superwash wools before and they haven't felt like this).

I made no attempt to match the stripes, so I'm pretty pleased that they're close.

Not to worry single sockers, I've got more single socks en route!


Oh, and I suppose you want to know about the countertops? The are indeed concrete (can't sneak anything past y'all!) and my random number generator (hubbo) choose Louise! Congrats Louise - email me with your address so I can ship out your box. Unfortunately, I don't have any good shots of the kitchen, so you will have to wait a tiny bit longer. I'll try to take lots tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. well, they are pretty single socks!

    Congrats louise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty single socks. They should have no trouble attracting mates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, you really do have sock mania! Glad your kitchen is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe that I currently don't have a single sock on the needles? Otherwise, I'd love to set my socks up with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Louise! At least they're attractive single socks - that should help them lure mates. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited about winning Thanks everyone

    Your socks are great, I have a friend who only makes one of each puts them in a basket and just grabs two out...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...that is a lot of single socks, but they are all very attractive indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete