Thursday, August 02, 2007

Just what I needed





I've had the Stitch-It Kit for about a year and a half now, and I received the Sublime Stitching book last fall in Austin. They have sat on the shelf, unloved, since then. However, no AC=no knitting, what with it being too hot and all, but I can hold a hoop and needle. And so new supplies were purchased (really I didn't need anything, but all my hoops and floss and needles are tied up in my cross-stitch stuff, and I didn't want to "steal" from one craft to support the other. Besides, the floss was on sale at JoAnn's, and hoops and needles are cheap.), and a new project started.

And I'm in love. The color possibilities, the choice of item to stitch, the array of designs available.

The only downside? I really don't have room for more stash.

P.S. We have a new AC unit and it sure does feel cold in my house!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:42 AM

    Wow - GMTA. I just pulled out Sublime Stitching yesterday & transferred a few patterns. I would've embroidered, but I couldn't find my needles! A quick trip to Hobby Lobby will remedy that today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the AC replacement. It will probably so much more efficient that it will pay off. and perhaps work better too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear about the AC! Hmm, I have that same kit... and a hoop and such. I wonder it is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good solution to the no-AC situation. Glad it's fixed now, though! I'm impressed that you have time to take up another craft...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny is a genius. I love that kit & all her designs. It's a fun alternative to knitting for sure.

    ReplyDelete