Sunday, August 05, 2007

Quick knits

I did manage to finish a few tiny things in July, in addition to the sweater that shall not be named (which I plan to try blocking this week - thanks for all the advice!).




Pattern: Calorimetry
Yarn: Alpaca with a Twist Landscapes - one skein.
Needles: Sz 8 Clover bamboo
Dates: one day at the end of July
For: Shop sample
Mods: I cast on 98 stitches and only worked 12 repeats of row 5.


Thoughts: The yarn is very nice and soft. The pattern again, is simple and wonderful.




Pattern: Saartje's Booties
Yarn: Rowan Handknit Cotton (leftovers from the Petal bib and the ballband dishcloth)
Needles: Sz 6 Clover bamboo
Dates: mid July-late July, but mostly all in one day.
For: Shop sample
Mods: I used a slightly heavier yarn to upsize the pattern, as I had read that it ran small.
Thoughts: So cute! Great for babies, super quick and stylish.


There is also a nearly finished Sophie bag around here, and some other projects nearing completion. I'm hoping that August will be the month of the finished sweater, but I'll have to stop working on socks for that to happen.

Oh, I nearly forgot. I used up 9 skeins of yarn this month and purchased 8. Finally a month on top (barely)! Fingers crossed that I get lucky again!

Tomorrrow - the first leg of my team's Dish Rag Tag is complete!

6 comments:

  1. Nice Calorimetry and cute booties! Good luck on Dish Rag Tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - beating the stash! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you used for the booties. They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:45 AM

    Those little booties get me every time I see them !!
    THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower button!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, those booties are so cute! I've been wanting to knit Calorimetry for my Sil. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete