Monday, August 27, 2007

Quickie FO

I've had this finished with only the ends to weave in for over a week. I finally got around to it.



Pattern: Fetching from Knitty
Yarn: RYC Cashsoft Aran
Needles: Clover bamboo DPNs US 6
Mods: I did a plain bindoff, as I found the picot bind off too fiddly, and it seems to make the top of the mitts want to roll.
Thoughts: Another cute success! These are off to live at the shop as a sample. But I might need some, if it ever cools off around here.

Oh, and I did block my sweater, and it seemed to help, and I did wear it today for first day of school luck. It must have worked, as I seem to have a very good class.

To block it, however, I had to get creative, since The Girl was home, and I didn't have another room with a door that closed. How was I going to keep the cats from pulling all of the pins out?


When in doubt, go with cooling racks. Worked great.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the color of the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute mitts! Good idea with the cooling racks - I have similar problems with blocking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mitts look great! Fetching is on my list, as soon as I get to it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like my Fetchings alot too! I did the picot bind-off and think I will make another pair without the fancy bind off. It looks pretty, but is a beit less than practical. speaking of practical, the cooling racks is ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, smart blocking trip. i may have to try that...slimey

    ReplyDelete