Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pinterest Challenge

Several months ago, via Apartment Therapy, I found the Young House Love blog. I throughly enjoy reading their blog, and living vicariously through their home improvement projects (since we have no budget for projects!). A few months ago they did a "Pinterest Challenge." Choose a project you have pinned, do it/make it, post about it. I have become better about doing the things I have pinned, so I decided to do one in a timely manner for their winter challenge.

This was my inspiration for this particular project. We have turned a corner of the playroom into a reading corner with some baskets of books and pillows and a little chair. But it needs some decorations. I liked the letters in this picture, so I perused the wooden letter aisle at JoAnn's the last time they were on sale. I ended up with the same letters used in the inspiration room (completely unintentionally!). But I didn't want plain letters. I have a good amount of craft paint in my stash, so I sat down and picked out four colors.

I had the foam brushes in my craft stash as well (I don't know if these are the 'correct' brushes to use, but they worked fine.)

I assigned each letter a color, laid the letters out on newspaper, and got painting.


I did around the sides/insides first so they would be easier to hold. 


I did two coats of paint on each letter and let them dry. 


They aren't hung yet, because hubby hasn't been home when the babies have been awake since I finished (the wall of their room backs up to the playroom, and I didn't want them to wake up to the hammering). I'm planning to try to hang them on nails, so that we don't have to attach hangers or drill holes. We'll see how it goes! I'll have pictures when we get them hung!

1 comment:

  1. Found your post through YHL Pinterest Challenge. I just made a little book corner in my daughter's room and was thinking of putting up the "READ" letters. Can't wait to see the finished room.
    Christa
    http://controllingcraziness.blogspot.com/2012/03/creating-toy-and-book-corner.html

    ReplyDelete