Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Wish my momma a happy birthday! She is 29 years old and holding. ;)

She received a special knitted gift (of course!).



Some lovely, though way-too-big (pre)felted clogs. (Chapstick for scale)

Pattern: Felted Clogs from Fiber Trends
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino in purple and red (very nearly 2 full skeins of purple, and half of red).
Needles: Sz 13 Clover Bamboo Circulars
Dates: Started about 2 weeks ago, finished Saturday September 16.
Mods: I did the "bumper" in the contrasting color for a little spice.
Thoughts: Great! I did get sick of the doubled yarn and big needles, but it went quickly. The hubbo has already started pestering me about "when do I get my pair."

I gave them pre-felted, as momma has smaller feet than me, and I wanted them to fit perfectly. She promises a post-felting picture when she gets them all felt up! ;) (Imagine the google searches for that!)

The wedding was lovely, though I have no pictures of the shawl in its 'natural' habitat as the bride wasn't chilly enough to wear it. Ah well. It's pretty. Even if everyone who saw it thought it was a blanket.

I did get many compliments on my handknit socks - one of the perks of going to Colorado is that I can wear them every day! Woot!

There was other knitting on the trip - I think I might actually have a bit of knitting progress to show for the next few days!

Must go be kneaded by the kitty. She is a bit put out that we left her for 4 whole days, and she keeps telling me about it. Time for my nightly cuddle (with the cat!). It's good to be home!

3 comments:

  1. The clogs look great! I like that color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...yeah. "felt up." that would be a great blog title, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. By far one of my favorite patterns. Your mom will love them!

    ReplyDelete