Monday, May 30, 2005

Details

I forgot to give the details about my shrug in the last post. So here they are:
Pattern:Staff Shrug Project from IK Summer
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Bubblegum - just over one skein.
Needles: SZ 10 US circulars
Started Monday May 16, Finished Wednesday May 25.

I'm a little disappointed in this project. It is very cute, and I was worried that I would dislike the color (too pink) I ended up really liking it. And I love me some cotton-ease! (Which Lion Brand does not say is being discontinued on its website - odd?)

But it's a bit small. Of course, I got gauge with my 10s, then, when I measured halfway through the project, my shrug was 1/2 inch narrower than it was supposed to be. It also ended up not reaching all the way to both elbows when on - kind of drives me nuts.

So, gift it or rip it?

Thinking that this might be the answer to my chilly factor at work. Looking for a substitute yarn though, so it doesn't cost me a fortune to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment