Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tokyo Subway Map Quilt

I am so so so excited to have this one finished!



I worked on this full steam this fall, and then it sat waiting to be finished until I was done with gifts. I finished binding it on New Year's Eve - one last 2013 finish!

I used Remix rainbow stripe for the back, and Remix chevron for the binding - I wanted to continue the rainbow 'theme' of the front. I quilted 1/4" away from the 'lines' on the outsides of the 'lines.' I think I might like it to have more quilting, but I'm not sure what else I would do besides more straight lines.

My favorite part is probably looking at all of the small scraps left over from previous projects - such fun finding them!

This is my new favorite quilt to snuggle under this winter! I highly recommend this pattern if you like to piece tiny squares! (my favorite!)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that I wasn't the only one frantically binding a quilt on New Years Eve to have "one more 2013 finish." :)

    ReplyDelete