Friday, January 10, 2014

Don't let the Pigeon Make a Quilt!

Hubby and I don't exchange gifts these days - we would rather spend our money on the kids, and we receive plenty of gifts from our very generous parents. However, I had this idea that just wouldn't go away!



I used the Patchwork Pattern Maker from the V&A Museum. It was super simple, and very fast. I tried taking the Pictures to Pixel Quilts Class from Craftsy, but it was long, and I felt intimidated by the math involved.

I cut each square at 2.5", to get a throw size quilt (It finished about 48"x60"). I used a variety of aqua prints and solids for his body, and light and dark grey prints for the small details. The background is Painter's Canvas in the white print (I don't recall the exact name!)

I had to lay each row out on the design wall, in secret so the kids wouldn't see! I was slowed by the ice storm that should have given me two kid/husband free mornings to work on it, but I still managed to get it done in time! And he was totally surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment