Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Fake Knitters and the KAL Curse

So we're sitting at SnB tonight, and a woman walks up to us and says "Hi, I'm a real knitter."

Oh, I'm sorry, I missed the memo that I was a fake knitter. Good thing I wasn't knitting with the fancy Target yarn - she might have avoided our table all together!

In other riveting news, I apparently have a Knit-a-Long curse.

It all started back in May when I joined the Tempting KAL, and ripped out my sweater a few days later.
The curse came back to visit right after I joined the Scarf Style KAL, and ripped out my ruffles scarf (oops, did I forget to tell you that? My oversight......)
Last night I joined the Branching Out KAL, and this morning I ripped it out. Somehow I made 3 mistakes in 2 rows. I couldn't seem to figure it out. I had been charging along. I guess I've learned not to knit lace before the coffee has kicked in.

Must go sleep. Had a great time at SnB tonight - some new faces over the past few weeks - so delightful!

Your picture du jour - my new knitting needle holder - courtsey of Michael's - on sale. I love it - it is cute and Mary Englebreit!


Oh, and I resist these memes, but this one is pretty funny. Google [your name] needs - choose the best ones and post them. I'm very needy...and how funny is it that some of these are true!

Jenn needs....
to post office hours
what jn to get better is a healthy dose of sweet, magical caffeine
to pull something out of the hat to win
a hot rod...and a good insurance policy
to stop smiling
to get her grove back
a cigarette
to switch to decaf
your support
lovin'
and attitude adjustment
rent money
to further her skills as an artist
cuddling
to get past her handcuff thing
to quit smoking
a root canal
therapy
to grow up and deal
a mental evaluation
to shut up

And now you know it all.

1 comment:

  1. maybe the "real" knitter just meant she wasn't trying to learn and wanted to be accepted!

    and you are totally a fake knitter! look at all this fake stuff you've knitted! :D

    ReplyDelete