Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Christmas in July

For the past several years I've been slowly adding handmade items to our Christmas decorations. I had several things I wanted to share here, but didn't finish them in time to make them blog worthy! So I thought I'd do a little Christmas in July here, for all of us crazy folks who like to plan way too far ahead! :) Every Tuesday and Thursday this month, I'll share something holiday related I've made. Some will have tutorials, and others will just be finished objects, with relevant links. I hope you'll find something that you want to make for yourself or for gifts!

stockings

Today I'm sharing the stockings I made for Ben & Ellie last year. I have knit stockings for everyone else, but knew that there was no way I could get two stockings knit in time. So I found some cute holiday fabric, and whipped up some quilted stockings. These were seriously so easy that I made both of them in a naptime. Great, easy, impressive project! I like them so much that I sort of don't want to knit them stockings, so that I don't have to put these away! I'll have to find another use for them someday.

The free pattern and tutorial is from Prudent Baby, which seriously has some awesome patterns and tutorials. I was using leftover binding, and I had just enough to do the tops of the stockings, so I used ribbon for my hanger - it worked great. The adorable fabric is from Riley Blake last year. The interior fabric coordinates, but I don't have a picture of that. I highly, highly recommend this pattern if you want something cute, quick and functional!

No comments:

Post a Comment