Monday, December 31, 2007

Final FOs of the year?



Pattern: Jarrett from Rowan Vintage Knits
Yarn: Ella Rae Classic, color 103, 6.5 skeins
Needles: Sz 5 and 7 Clover Bamboo circulars
Dates: mid September-Monday December 24.
Mods: Tons. I knit an XXXS size using Flintknits Pam'smods she was so gracious to share with me (thanks to the magic of Ravelry, I saw that she had knit a smaller size for her Jarrett, so emailed her and she shared her mods. Love Ravelry!). I also knit the sleeves smaller and not from the top down as she had done. Hubbo decided on a short collar (and he likes the standing-up of it), and no elbow or shoulder patches (for now).
Thoughts: he loves it. I love that it is done, and he can stop saying I've never knit him a sweater. He picked out the buttons, and it needs a good blocking so the button band will lie flat. He did say "Don't loose this pattern, 'cause I'm sure I'll wear this out in a few years and I'll need another." I think that's the mark of a successful knit!


I also knit up a quickie project for me. I started these a few weeks ago when it was starting to get chilly in the mornings, but put them aside to finish my holiday knitting. I threw them in my bag when we were leaving on Friday morning, and had them finished about an hour into our flight. And I enjoyed wearing them when it was chilly in the evenings in D.C. The color doesn't really go with any of my coats, but I don't really care!


Pattern: Fingerless Mitts from Weekend Knitting.
Yarn: Lana Grossa Cool Wool Big - less than 1 ball.
Needles: Sz 8 Clover circulars.
Dates: early December - Friday December 28.
Mods: none.
Thoughts: Great pattern. Easy, quick, useful. I see more of these in my future - in fact, hubbo has already requested his - in grey, of course!

I have more to say about our trip, and my year in review, and my future knitting "goals", but that will have to wait, as I'm trying to finish up one more FO for the year! Fingers crossed!

5 comments:

  1. The sweater looks great on him - that first picture? I thought it was from a knitting mag or something. Hee hee. I love the color of the mitts, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous way to end the year. great guy sweater! it looks fantastic on him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater looks great - a great ending to the year! Happy 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:17 PM

    The sweater is great and fits him well! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater looks great on him! Good final FO for 2007.

    ReplyDelete