Monday, July 09, 2007

If everybody else is doing it, why shouldn't I?

I'm a follower. Tell me something is cool, and I want it. Tell me only a few people can do it, and I want to do it. Tell me I'll be more beautiful if I knit it, and I'm there. Wait....haven't found that last one yet.

I was on the fence about the Mystery Shawl. Do I really want to invest all that time into knitting something I have no idea if I'll even like when I'm finished?

Apparently, yes I do.


End of Chart 1, Clue 1.

I'm a bit behind. But I'm motivated, since I also joined the Tour de France KAL. Hubbo and I have joked for the past few years that I should do some sort of KAL for the Tour, since we watch it every year (go Robbie and George!). Debby and Meg were sweet enough to let me in a teeny bit late, due to memory lapse. The mess in my house might have had something to do with my forgetfulness.


I'm racing for the polka-dot jersey - my favorite. I think this means I'm a glutton for punishment.

Anybody else starting something supercool I need to join? Forget that I have 30 million other things to do - I want to do what you're doing!

4 comments:

  1. Your mystery stole is coming along great...I find it is addicting myself. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sockamania is taking new folks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I caved and joined the Mystery Stole too - just before the Yarn Harlot announced that she was in. Your stole looks an awful lot like mine - what yarn are you using? It's been fun so far, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful, and can't wait to see how it knits up!

    ReplyDelete