Saturday, December 30, 2006

A year in knits

Another quickie post today - we're off to the Dallas Mavericks game in a bit. I hope to have pictures for y'all tomorrow, but the weather will have to cooperate a bit!


Knitted in '06

Sockpal Savior Socks
Baby Cardi
Anouk
Red Scarf
Hat for my sister
Turtleneck Shrug
Jaywalkers
Cashmerino Hat
Super Mittens
Bell Cloche
Pirate Hat
Pink & brown Trekking socks
Fun fur scarf for my sister
Ribby Cardi
P-word socks
Star Gazer Lily Socks
Felted Easter basket
V-neck bulky sweater
Chrysalis Pullover
Sockotta Socks
Felted bag for mom
Cloverleaf Rib Socks
Those 70's Socks
Felted bag - sample for class
Green Trekking Socks
Cabled Footies
Gift Scarf
Neckwarmer
One Skein Wonder
Felted Sheep
Cardi for mom
Baltic Sea Stole
Sophie purse
Felted Hat
Felted Clogs
Regia Surf socks
Friday Harbor Socks
Cupcake Hat
Hat for Jules
Licorice Whip
Leaf Lace Shawl
Meathead Hat
Socks for Hubbo
Stegs
Fetching
Rib & Cable Socks
Scarf for Hubbo
Scarf for Dad
Socks for my sister
School Colors Scarf
Socks for mom
Scarf for my brother
Odessa
House socks
3 Sophie purses

That makes for a year-end total of
17 pairs of socks
8 hats
8 scarves/neckwarmers
2 shawls
5 sweaters
2 baby items
7 bags
4 sets of dishcloths
2 shrugs
2 mittens/handwarmers
2 stuffed animals
1 pair of felted clogs


Whew! And yet, somehow, it doesn't seem like I finished that many things! I did rip a fair number of things this year too, so it all balances out.

Some questions (and answers!)

What is your absolute favorite project you've ever knit (one that fulfilled both process and product)? - Leaf Lace Shawl. Loved it, though it did get tedious there at the end!

Which of your handknits do you wear the most often?
- Hands down, my socks. I wear a pair almost every day from November until February/March. I wish it was cold enough to wear my hats/scarves/sweaters more often.

What was your favorite gift to knit? - Hmmmmm, I guess the Baltic Sea Stole for my sister's wedding. It was more than a little repetitive by the end, but I was knitting it for a special occasion, and that made it more special.

Which of your handknits are gathering dust your closet? - My long skinny scarves from last year, and my sweaters, because it just isn't that cold enough often for them.

Which of your handknits have you gotten rid of?
- My first hat - it wasn't very warm. It went to charity.

If you've knit socks, what is your favorite pattern? - The P-word socks from Knitty. Looking forward to making a pair for myself in 2007.

What would you like to make in 2007? - Many things. Come back tomorrow for a better look at those!

*I should have all of the KAL participants listed in the sidebar. If you don't see yourself, please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the many things in 2007 - see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. You really knit a lot of things in 2006!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:12 PM

    Your list is amazing! Must.knit.faster and finish things more quickly!

    Thanks for including me in the sidebar for the Not a Gift KAL. I'll be finishing my Lacy Serpentine Stole first thing.

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, and best wishes for 2007!

    ReplyDelete