Saturday, December 23, 2006

Last Minute Knitted Gifts

And, we're DONE!!!!


Pattern: Odessa by Grumperina from Magknits
Yarn: Knitpicks Merino Style
Needles: Sz US 6 Clover Bamboo DPNs
Mods: no beads
Dates: early December to Friday December 22.
Thoughts: Cute! I really like the finished hat. It did seem to go on forever for a while, but it looks great in the end. Someday I'll probably make one for me.
Oh, and it took almost exactly one skein of Merino Style - I probably had two feet of yarn left over.


Pattern: Generic sock pattern over 40 stitches
Yarn: Paton's Shetland Chunky
Needles: Sz US 8 Clover Bamboo DPNs
Mods: n/a
Dates: Monday December 18 to Saturday December 23.
Thoughts: They are very warm, and fit over other socks. I hope they keep some feet warm! The yarn was not the nicest - it was squeaky, and dyed my needles blue.

That makes me done! I did cut quite a few things from the list, but I am DONE! And it feels so nice! Off to knit things for me! I'll be back tomorrow with my "Z" post for the ABC-along, and back on Tuesday with info on the "It's NOT a Gift!" KAL
Enjoy your holiday/weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:22 PM

    Congrats on being done! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! I have to say I had my doubts . . . Merry Christmas to you and all the lucky recipients of your handknit gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odessa is awesome! Very comfy looking socks too.

    Have a peaceful and joyous Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for finishing with time to spare!

    ReplyDelete