Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sock it to me!

Two pairs of socks - DONE!


Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill - can't find the ballband to tell you the color.
Pattern: generic sock recipe over 64 stitches - 3x1 rib for the leg, plain old stockinette for the foot. I did try Wendy's method of decreasing extra for the foot (actually she increases for the leg, as she knits toe up most of the time, but same thing), and I hope it works!
Needles: sz US 2 Chiagoo DPNs
Mods: see above re: stitch count.
Dates: sometime in November? to sometime last week.
Thoughts: They are DONE! I really enjoyed knitting up the CTH. I hope it doesn't bleed like they were reporting earlier this year. I hope someone likes them!


Yarn: Knitpicks Sock Memories in Rocky Mountain Dusk
Pattern: generic sock recipe over 60 stitches, 3x1 rib for the leg and top of the foot.
Needles: Sz US2 Chagoo DPNs
Mods: none
Dates: Ugh. Sometime late summer/early fall to Sunday December 17.
Thoughts: This yarn is SOOOOOO SOFT. I know they will most likely felt a bit on the soles (my pair have a tiny bit), but they wil still be wearable, and did I mention the softness? I love pulling on my pair, and I hope that someone likes these too!

The socks are done for Christmas - I had two other pairs tentatively planned, plus hubbo's, but I'm not going to kill myself. I really want to finish my stinkin' green and pink Trekking socks (which haven't made a blog appearance in months), but I've snapped two DPNs on the second sock, so I'm a bit wary of working on them now. I think it was just a bad batch of DPNs, but I don't want to be snapping them! Luckily, my LYS replaces them and sends the broken ones back to Chiagoo (love this!), so I'm not out the cash, but still. I think they're beginning to think I'm breaking them on purpose!

Enough babble. Anyone up for "It's Not a Gift KAL 2?" Check the archives under January and February of 2006 if you're a newer reader. I have a lovely list of things to knit for myself (and, well, a few gifts are in there too, but we shant speak of them), and I'm sure many of you do too. If there is enough interest, we'll start up the first of January. You didn't have to knit holiday presents to join. If it's a go, I'll post more info in a few days. Let me know if you're interested in the comments! It was a great way to "meet" new blogs this year!

11 comments:

  1. OMG...your ticker up there just gave me palpitations. Only 6 days till Christmas?!? I'm ready, but still, I can't believe it's only 6 days away. Maybe because it's been so crazy warm here and we haven't even had the shovel out yet, much less the snowblower.

    ANYWAY, great job on the socks! I love them. The second pair, in Rocky Mtn. Dusk, looks like it kind of striped, eh? Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great socks! I really like the way the Memories turned out.

    I love to join your KAL when it starts up. I can't wait to start knitting for myself again, instead of Christmas, birthdays, and babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pairs of socks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely socks! After Christmas, I'm determined to knit up some for myself.

    Oh, I'd love to join your new kal, if that's okay. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:08 PM

    Beautiful! And as far as the CTH yarn goes, it's made my favorite socks...in fact I have them on right now! Very soft, no bleeding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the socks! I hope CTH doesn't bleed. I got some lovely stuff from Yarn Aboard, and would be so sad if it bled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great socks! I have some Sock Memories but I haven't knit it up yet. Glad to know it's soft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:57 PM

    I'd like to read about your KAL but I can't seem to see the archives. Maybe it's late? I'm only knitting two of one thing for gifts, but I could use some motivation to finish some of my previous projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in for the 'not a gift' KAL! 5 more days of knitting against the clock...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so there. That's how we 'met' after all, isn't it? Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in! (please). I am so very ready to focus my knitting on myself.

    ReplyDelete