From the front, not too bad. Looks a little big and gappy.
From the side you see more bagginess. Yuck.
And the back is just a disaster.
Pattern: Vanessa from Rowan RYC Classic Art.
Yarn: RYC Luxury Cotton DK in Damsel - 9 skeins
Needles: Sz 6 Clover Circulars.
Dates: April to June 30 for main body. July for additional ribbing and seaming.
Mods: I knit a larger size for the ribbing. This is what I think caused the huge bagginess. It also came out wayyyyyyyy too short, so I knit and added on 3 more inches of ribbing.
Thoughts: The yarn was delightful. Soft and pretty - very nice to work with. The pattern was fine, even for a Rowan pattern, though it never tells you to make 2 sleeves. I understand that it's implied, but c'mon.
It is way too big in the bust, even though I followed the measurements for the 36" bust for all but the ribbing. The ribbing is not attached in an attractive way, hence the "ribbon" of extra yarn to cover up the seam.
If I didn't know about the bagginess in the back I might wear it. I might still wear it, since I made it, darn it! But as hubbo said, "It's not your best look." Le sigh.
It is hiding in the closet now, for the foreseeable future. Em, if you want to try it on you have to come to Texas! :)
I can't decide if I am up to ripping it. Maybe after the disappointment wears off. Grrrr.