Friday, December 01, 2006

Inconceivable

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
~Inigo Montoya - The Princess Bride.


in‧con‧ceiv‧a‧ble [in-kuhn-see-vuh-buhl] Adj.
1. not conceivable; unimaginable; unthinkable
2. unbelievable; incredible.
3. finishing the Christmas knitting

I'm a bit behind my imaginary schedule. I'm thinking that not everything can possibly get done, unless I abandon sleeping now. I've already told the hubbo that he'll get knitted items after Christmas. Luckily, he's OK with that.

First, let's examine the goals.

November Goals

. Finish dinosaur - DONE
2. Start and finish secret gift knit - DONE
3. Finish green socks - DONE
4. Finish Trekking socks - second sock half done
5. Finish back of Central Park Hoodie and start sleeves/fronts - back done, sleeve started
6. Finish Licorice Whip - DONE
7. Finish Leaf Lace - DONE
8. Start and finish Gift scarf 2. - DONE!
9. Work on some of the trillion socks. - Rib & Cable socks done!
10. Work on Glastig. - put aside to finish holiday knitting
11. Work on My So Called Scarf. - put aside to finish holiday knitting
12. Finish two sets of dishcloths. - one dishcloth done.
13. Knit two ornaments. - not done
14. Work on gift socks. one though heel flap, one nearly done

Some things done. Some ignored. I don't think there's any way I can have the Central Park Hoodie done by Christmas dinner. Oh well.

What's on deck?

December Goals

1. Finish 2nd pair of Gift Socks
2. Finish 3rd pair of Gift Socks
3. Knit Scarf #4
4. Knit Scarf #5
5. Knit Hat #2
6. Knit Hat #3
7. Knit 3 Sophie purses
8. Knit Panta
9. If time allows, knit some dishcloths and ornaments. No stress on these items.
10. Work on Central Park Hoodie when gifts are done.
11. Finish green & pink Trekking sock.
12. Work on Hubbo's Trekking socks.
13. Work on Icarus when gifts are done.
14. Work on Anastasia socks when gifts are done.
15. Work on Mistake rib scarf when gifts are done.
16. Work on Glastig when gifts are done.
17. Start Hubbo's Pirate Hat.

I think that should keep me plenty busy, along with writing lesson plans, doing progress reports, decorating the house, getting the Christmas cards out, making cookies and ornaments with the girl, and a trillion other things. The TiVo is set up to be loaded with some excellent knitting programs. More coffee will be purchased at the store this weekend. Sleep? Who needs sleep?

P.S. Got home late today after an ice-cream date with the Nephew. Pictures of the Rib & Cable socks tomorrow.

P.P.S. Watched White Christmas tonight. Makes me cry every damn time when the General comes into the room and they salute him. Every time. And I've seen it over 3 dozen times. Yet somehow, I still don't own this movie. I guess I'll just have to buy it for myself this year.

6 comments:

  1. The Cliffs of InTHANITY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good to know someone is on schedule! Looking forward to the pictures, but if you don't have time I know why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I think that inconceivable DOES mean what I think it means in this case!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i heart rib and cable socks. can't wait to see yours.

    now i will be thinking of inigo montoya and his father all night. prepare to die! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PB = my favorite movie of all time. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:17 PM

    You are so right. If we could only give up sleep...you're doing a great job on the list so far! Good luck with the hoodie too.

    Re: White Christmas: I totally cry at the scene with the General too. And I love love love when Rosemary sings "Love, you didn't do right by me..." gets stuck in my head for days. :)

    ReplyDelete