Sunday, December 03, 2006

Y - iiiiiiiii

Y is, of course, for yarn.


We interrupt your regular schedule of finished objects to bring you the latest in stash enhancement at Chez Knit 'n Lit.


From Indiana: Some lovely Lorna's Laces in red, the oh-so-cute Ann Norling baby fruit hat pattern, and a Lantern Moon silk tote - all from Mass. Ave. Knit Shop in Indianapolis. And two skeins of Koigu in a lovely purpley color from Cass Street Depot.


From Sunshine Yarns: a skein of sock yarn in Peppermint. Yum. I was hoping to have this knit up in time for Christmas - nothing like holiday socks! Sadly, I think it will have to wait until next year. Ah well. I am thinking that I might have to do solid heels and toes with that red Lorna's.


From Knitpicks: Lots for Christmas knitting, a bit for a sweater for me (more on this after the holidays), enough for knee highs for me, and a few other bits and bobs. I also failed to show you the last order's worth of yarn. Much of it was for gifts, but I did get some Gloss for a sweater for me and some Essential in burgundy (I think) that just feels delightful. I'm excited to try both.


And from our LYS - just a bit of sock yarn. Honestly, I can't take hubbo in there anymore! The four skeins on the left are for three pairs of socks for him! I went in there for the pink and orange Regia. But then one of the owners showed me this gorgeous new sock yarn from Colinette - Jitterbug. I bought Bright Charcoal. It is oh-so-yummy. I cannot wait to cast on for these socks. And the price is great - $20.50 a skein! The other colors are a bit bright, but they are coming out with more, I believe.

We also spent a small fortune today at JoAnn's - they had Patons Classic Merino on sale for $3.99 a skein, a great deal, so I bought enough black for a simple cardigan for me and hubbo picked out several balls for a scarf and two hats for him. We may hit the other JoAnn's tomorrow to see if they have other colors.

So much for no yarn until after the holidays! But really, I've been pretty good until lately. Right?

Really. I need to stop buying yarn faster than I can knit it.

Two more gifts started today and two half finished yesterday. More pictures to come this week!

5 comments:

  1. Excellent stash enhancement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that yarn is so pretty it's making me a little light-headed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That Peppermint yarn is going to be fun to knit up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that almost looks like my last order from Knitpicks, I also blew the budget by bidding on ebay. I got 2 lbs of merino and 1 lb of alpaca. Boy my stash is going to be full.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous! What an excellent stash!

    ReplyDelete