Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The socks strike back


The socks are feeling miffed. They are threatening a mutiny. They are citing neglect, and I am ashamed to admit, I feel like I'm neglecting them. The cause? Well, you all saw that yesterday. But it also comes down to boredom. I'm bored with these socks. I want to not be knitting on them any longer. But, shockingly for me, I don't want to start any new socks. (I know. You may need to sit down, and take a breather after that last sentence.) I don't want to start new socks with these hanging over my head. So, my goal is to have at least two pairs of these done by the end of the month (all of them have one sock done). Can I do it? We shall see.


P.S. Don't tell the socks that I worked those last two repeats on Surplice Lace tonight -she's ready for the stockinette portion now!

6 comments:

  1. How can you be bored with such pretty colors? Must be time for a radical departure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. This is bad. I hate it when I have projects hanging over my head that I don't want to knit. (FLAK anyone?) I'm through one repeat on Embossed Leaves and I'm wishing I had some boring stockinette to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! I believe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the socks don't know won't hurt them. After all, they are socks;) I have one lonely sock neglected in the sockfish...sigh. I admire your resolve to knit on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, that's a tall order! Socks may be small, but so many stitches. Don't be too hard on yourself if you don't finish two pairs!

    Yeah for your new summer project. You'll get lots of wear out of that one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it. That is what I tell myself too----I have three pair going right now and I keep looking at my new yarn and my new sock book and really want to start the New England socks from Knitting on the Road, but wait I really should finish the mates to the ones I have started.

    ReplyDelete