Tuesday, April 24, 2007

FO: Hubbo's socks

Finally, a finished pair of socks!



Pattern: Simple sock over 84 stitches w/heel flap
Yarn: Trekking - the ball band is long lost. The contrast toe is leftover Paton's Kroy.
Needles: Sz 2.25 mm ChiaGoo DPNs
Dates: Started sometime last fall, finished Sunday April 22.
Mods: n/a
Thoughts: I was really sick of the colors of these socks, so I am glad they are done! I was worried about running out of yarn, so I shortened the leg of the sock, and I still ran out of yarn! Luckily, Hubbo loves the contrast toe (yarn leftover from these socks), and wishes both socks had it. However, I was not in any mood to rip out the other toe, so he'll have to wait for his next pair.

I do love having such an excited recipient! It's a good thing I love him, as his sock yarn stash is starting to rival the size of mine! He's already chosen the yarn for his next pair, but I have to finish up some of these others first.

9 comments:

  1. So cool! He's got a 'righty' and a 'lefty'! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:54 AM

    yay for finished socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry to hear you were soggy too, Jenn. Our bedroom leaked too! But um, not from a window left open: through the clapboards of our house. Well, the house is 106 and it was the south side, where a lot of wind was coming from. Yikes. Needless to say, the bed is no longer under the window. ;) But we are fine, and apart from minor stuff all is well. I hope you both dry out well, and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:39 AM

    You are so lucky that he will wear bright fun socks!! Dave only wants dull boring ones....so he doesn't get too many!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very lucky that he likes colorful socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it nice to have an excited sock recipient?! I love the toe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun mis-matched toe! I have a pair that is waiting for a toe, but I ran out of yarn... two years ago! I didn't want to rip back the toe of sock #1 to make matching contrasting toes, so they sit... I'm glad that your husband likes them, and that you are taking control of your knits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the socks. Maybe make one with solid rib on top and the other with solid toe. I think I will try that one as my father would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible how that goes, isn't it? I think I have more manly sock yarn now than I do for me!

    ReplyDelete