Thursday, April 05, 2007

Maybe it's the weather

I've tried to avoid the whiny posts, but I just don't have anything else. Things are in a bit of a turmoil in my professional life (more joys of working for a large urban school district), my summer plans are still shaky (am I teaching summer school? Not?), we haven't done anything about our planned kitchen remodel, my house is a disaster, we were supposed to be off of school tomorrow, but due to a snow day, we have a make up day, which will have us going to school for 10 straight weeks (every day from spring break to the end of May - it's by far the longest stretch of school time I can remember), and so on and so forth, ad infinitum. Add the stress that I bring upon myself (I'm a terrible parent/teacher/friend/spouse/doggy mommy), and I'm just having a downer day.

But maybe it's that it was 89 degrees on Tuesday, and Saturday it's supposed to snow? And of course, my yarn to finish Hourglass is still not here. Figures.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 PM

    call your sister for crying out loud! Wait... she works all the time, try calling her sometime anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's been a pretty oppressive funk hanging over cottage 46 too, so I feel for you. I hate funks. And the weather doesn't help. It's been in the 20s at night with snow so the tulips that were almost ready to bloom are looking pretty close to dead now. Depressing.

    Knit! Call your sister! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hug*

    Do you have some cheery sock yarn to work on?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the time of year, definitely. Should be warm and spring-like, but it's not. Ready for vacations, but they're not here. Add in all your other turmoil, no wonder you can't cheer up!! It's the same over here. But I'll muster up some happy thoughts to send your way - and hopefully your yarn will come today and if it's cold, you can actually wear Hourglass before it warms up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am bummed about the snow too... I'd finally capitulated and turned on the A/C just to turn the heat back on... urg... texas.

    Here's hoping your yarn will arrive before the end of the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:57 AM

    It's not a whiney post, just a truthful one! I know how school stuff can drag you down & the snow day stuff this year has been a bummer almost everywhere. And to think you might be getting more! Unreal.

    Chin up & vent any time - you have a captive audience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having an extremely disgruntled week as well, Jenn. I think it's normal from time to time!

    Lame-o weather here too...we went from high 60s a few days ago to teens and snow now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There must be something in the air. I recommend a nap and some cheese cake.

    Don't be so hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Texas weather is enough to make a person cry. Add to that life in general and you have a month-of-full-moons going for you. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a really tough time of year --all of the advertising shows sunny flower gardens and summer knits, and in most places it's cold, gray, and drizzly (or snowy), with no flowers and the dark heavy knits. Plus with all the stuff going on at your school, it's no wonder you have the blues. I hope that things will look up for you soon, and in the meantime, you can enjoy the comfort of family and friends. This knitting community is a wonderful place for encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. {{{hugs}}}

    Go fondle some cashmere, dear. And have a bubble bath or a pedicure. Or screw that and go for dark chocolate easter bunnies and bite their little heads off. Ah, stress relief.

    ReplyDelete
  12. (((hugs))) I have periods of time like this. I'm sorry you've been feeling down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I hear you. It's that time of year when it seems as if summer is never going to come . . .

    ReplyDelete