Monday, April 02, 2007

One skein short


My grand plans to finish hourglass this weekend were cut down suddenly on Sunday when I ran out of yarn. I had read many stories of knitters running short of yarn on this pattern, so I can't say I'm completely surprised. I also intended to bring the neckline up more, so I guessed that I may need extra yarn for that.

Anyway, one more skein is on order from knitpicks, but knowing how slowly they ship, I probably won't be finished by the end of the week. This sucks, as it is supposed to be chilly on Thursday and Friday, and this would be the perfect spring sweater for those days. Oh well - there's always the fall!

Apologies for the awful photo - shinyish yarn+indoor lighting=bad pictures. And there is no giant white blob on my sweater - just the flash. And this was the best of all those we took. Argh!

9 comments:

  1. I'm always so afraid to run out of yarn I end up with odds and ends skeins I don't know what to do with. I love the color on your hourglass. Those sleeves are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating!! It looks great though - hopefully the yarn will arrive soon and you'll be wearing it before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate running out of yarn. It's a great sweater though. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my book so I can order yarn (like I need another WIP). Which of the KnitPicks yarns are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Well - so far it looks beautiful!! Let's just hope the skein they send is the same color....I had one major dyelot mishap on a sweater (not with KnitPicks though)- BLAHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bummer! I'm always worried about that when I order yarn online and can't just run down the road for more yarn. I ended up with 2.5 extra skeins for my Nantucket Jacket! Whoops! Can you say "overcompensation"?

    The good news is, it will look great when it's all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it's any consolation, it fits great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, being short of yarn is the worst! The wait will be worth it though. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you must be really close, because it looks done in the picture!

    ReplyDelete