Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Goodies

It should be a well-established fact that I have no willpower. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. So I surprised myself when I waited over a week to buy these items. That, my friends, is willpower!


The yarn is Rio de la Plata Merino Sock (it's so new that it isn't on the website yet.). It is super yummy. Rio de la Plata is much like Malabrigo and Manos - kettle dyed, great colors. It looks like a really nice sock yarn - I can't wait to try it out. We only had three colors at the store, but we have more on order. I'll try to restrain myself.

The bok is Ella Rae book seven, which contains patterns for their summer blend yarn Silkience. I haven't tried the yarn yet, but it looks and feels really nice in the skein. The book is great, with several patterns I can see myself making. My favorites are:


Flair


Empire



Provence



One or more of these will be jumping on the needles soon, as soon as something else gets finished around here!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:35 PM

    Wow!! I need that book and the yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:59 AM

    What pretty choices...My instant reaction was that I like the middle one (pullover) the best, but then I decided I liked the pink cardigan even more...(oh and the bottom one is pretty too!) I guess you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, love it all. The yarn, the patterns. Aaaahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like Provenance a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No willpower? So what-you're cute! hehheh...does that work??

    And I knew you might get that sock yarn! It's the call of "there are only a few of them!" that gets me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I like all of those patterns. You have willpower. You waited a whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh ooh ooh! i like provence! make that one so i don't have to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! I can't wait to see your "babies"! And you won't kill them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! You certainly do have self-control! Beautiful! Love the patterns too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know about that book, but I like all of the patterns you showed. I'll have to look for it next time I go to the LYS. The black cardigan speaks to me. :)

    ReplyDelete