Tuesday, April 25, 2006

There's a new crack house in town!

Over the weekend I was alerted by one of my fellow Fort Worthians of a new crackyarn store in town. Some googling soon turned up the necessary info! Way way too close to my house (especially when you know how *far* the other stores are!).
Sadly, they are closed on Sundays, so my need to feel had to be delayed until after school yesterday, but oh, was it worth the wait!

The store is run by two knitting friends who live in Arlington and commute in each day. They've been open since last Monday (when they decided the "yarn museum" should really turn a profit!). The selection is small, but growing, and VERY promising.

Of course, I couldn't leave without a little something (although The Girl was attached to my hip and called out the price of every skein I picked up! She mumbled something about keeping track of how much money I spend for her dad - guess she'll be staying home next time!).


I was excited by their sock yarn supply, and picked up two skeins of Wildfoote (new to me sock yarn), and resisted the lovely yellow/red Cherry Tree Hill. I was really excited by their needle collection - it is extensive, and I found some new to me needles too! I have been loving my 5" Brittany DPNs (currently in the cotton sock), and really wanted some more, but they are hard to find 'round these parts. Imagine my delight when I found these ChiaoGoo 5" Bamboo DPNs! And the price simply cannot be beat ($4.75 for those of you who can't stand not knowing!). I am happy to report that I love them. The size 2's immediately went into That '70s Sock, and I am speeding along on them. There is a bit of a rough spot where the needle info is branded onto the needles, but it isn't enough to bother me.

I am also excited to report that I talked to them about teaching some classes and they are very interested! Woo Hoo!

Finally, isn't their logo so cute?


Oh - and I won some more sock yarn! (Because I obviously don't have nearly enough to make it through the year!). Laura had a little contest and I won! Woo Hoo!

One more thing, before I forget - if your needles hurt your hands, go take a look at Comfort Zone DPN's from another local knitter Katherine and her son-in-law. They may save your hands!

4 comments:

  1. 5" bamboos! I'm in heaven. Wait. I'm in purgatory. Because I don't have them but I know they exist. It's everything I love about my 5" Brittanys, but less breakable. You made my day - thanks, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in response to the comment you left on my blog (thank you, btw)...the fact that you know who bruce robison & kelly willis are pretty much makes you my favorite person ever. lol. seriously, that made my morning! I love, love me some Bruce!

    second...ya gotta love that crack. I wish I had a supplier close to my home, too! :)

    .♥.

    ps...I noticed a wedding shawl you are making...do you care if I ask what pattern that is? it looks like something I might like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:46 PM

    A new crack shop! Near you?? Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're kidding--a new yarn shop on Camp Bowie. That's just around the corner from me. I am there.

    Thanks for the mention of Comfort Zone needles. You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete