Thursday, April 20, 2006

All sock, all the time

Well, lookie here! It's another finished sock pair! Two pairs of socks in one day, how does she do it?

Oh, oh, oh, it's magic, you know.......

Pattern: Generic - 60 stitches, 3x1 rib, worked heel flap over 30 stitches, began toe decreases with 1 1/2 inches to go, decreased every other round until 20 stitches remained - kitchenered the toe!
Yarn: Knitpicks - Star Gazer Lily (now sadly discountinued!)
Needles: Susan Bates US2's set of five DPNs
Mods: None
Thoughts: These may be my favorite pair of handknit socks. I realize this is a bold statement (especially considering how much I love my Koigu Jaywalkers!), but this seems to be a perfect marriage between yarn and pattern. I love that the 3x1 rib doesn't look ribbed when off my feet, and has a ton of give when on my feet. The yarn is SO.FREAKING.SOFT. Seriously, if there is not some of this (in some color) in your stash go to Knitpicks RIGHT NOW and order it. You can't beat the price.
Time: March 1 (ripped and restared mid-March) - April 19.
Screaming from the stash now: this in Gladiolus for gift knitting.

Best part (besides all that above!) - I think I *might* have enough left over for footies! Woo Hoo!

Sadly, I know that I won't have another finished pair of socks tomorrow, but I have big crafty plans for my day off!

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, 3X1 rib worked on 60 stitches (my favorite). They are beautiful! Thanks for the pattern--I think I'll try them. I love that colorway.

    And, thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bird, it's a plane . . .

    She leaps tall buildings in a single bound!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go with the socks!!! Those are really really pretty - why oh why do they always discontinue our favorite yarns. Waaa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could whip socks out that fast!! I'm still fighting with Erik's Jaywalker #2. I think I'll end up averaging 1 month for 1 sock!! LoL WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you're quick! look at those socks...i likes them :) great job! i wish i could knit socks that fast...too bad i've got project ADD... :( feels like i never finish anything. i'll be lucky if i have two FOs by the end of this week. i'm close! then i won't feel so bad :)
    have a great weekend, jennifer!

    ReplyDelete