Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Meme and voting!

So, I'm a bad bad blogger. I somehow missed it when Mel tagged me for this meme:

10 years ago: I was in the fall of my junior year of high school, getting ready to do The Nutcracker and practicing my little toes off.

5 years ago:I was getting ready to graduate from college (for the first time), and working two jobs at the same place in the nutzo Christmas retail season.

1 year ago:The Man and I had just gotten married, I was looking for a Christmas retail job (AGAIN), writing papers, etc.

5 snacks:
Chips and Salsa
Pretzel Goldfish crackers
Peanut M&Ms
Peanut Butter Crackers
Tator Tots

5 songs I know all the words to:
Most Neil Diamond songs
All Kelly Willis songs
Anything on the Immaculate Collection
All Wilco songs
Most Lyle Lovett songs

5 things I would do with $100 million:
Buy a bigger house
Pay off all our loans
Put some away for The Girl's college education
Buy lovely unnecessary gifts for my family
Um, buy yarn!

5 places to run away to:
Colorado (I know, boring)
Tahiti
Boston
The southern coast of France
the Caribbean

5 things I would never wear:
Fur
a mumu
sequins
tight fitting pants
a miniskirt

5 favorite TV shows:
Gilmore Girls
Alias (though it sucks lately)
Lost
Grey's Anatomy
The West Wing

5 biggest joys:
Rainy days with nothing to do
A kitty on my lap
Being greeted by my dogs
A hug from The Girl
Talking to The Man just before bed

5 favorite toys:
My iBook
My iPod
My sewing machine
My knitting needles!
TiVo!

5 people to pass this on to:
This one has made the rounds - but if you haven't done it, consider yourself tagged!

Now, if you've hung around through all that boring crap, I'm sad to report that I still have no FO pictures for you - damn sunlight again.
But I do have an interactive activity! The Man recently came into a bit of money (those of you in the know - he sold off the unused color from his glassblowing days), and was deciding what to do with it. He wants this. I did bend his arm into allowing me to get a tiny present. I asked for Handknit Holidays which he agreed to, and then I laid it on thick. I want a Ribby Cardi, and I don't have the yarn for it. He hemmed and hawed, and then said "Go order your yarn." Woo Hoo!
But here's the kicker. I can't decide what color to use! So, a fun vote! (BTW, the colors can be seen here.)

Damn blogpoll won't be "accepted" by blogger - so you'll have to vote in the comments - Choices are:
Coal
Chocolate
Mist
Evergreen
Mulled Wine

Vote early, vote often! Lots of pictures tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. That was some good arm-bending you did! ;-) Love the Ribby Cardi, and I'm voting for Mist. On second thought, make that Wine. I'm so darned indecisive! If it were Hairy Legs, he'd probably end up retracting the offer because it'd take me too long to decide on a color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there really a choice? CHOCOLATE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mulled Wine, for sure! Second place would go to Evergreen, third place to Chocolate, and fourth place to Mist. Coal might go with everything, but it'd be boring to knit. (p.s. I like rainy days too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for Mulled Wine for the Body and Chocolate for the Sleeves...

    YUM!

    ReplyDelete