Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Did I say I wanted a "vacation?"

When do they go back to school? Seriously. They're both driving me NUTS.

The Girl got up at 6:10 this morning to do God knows what and decided to let the dogs out. Of course, she woke me up. Nice.

An hour after breakfast this morning (and not just any old breakfast - The Man actually cooked - eggs, sausage and biscuits, instead of the usual foraging in which I drink coffee, he eats cookies or other nutritonally sound product, and The Girl eats toast or cereal), she asks "When is lunch?" At 9:30 am. Seriously. The Today Show wasn't even over. (BTW, did you see the cute dogs yesterday? Doing flips? The Man wants one of those.)

The Man took a nap both yesterday and this morning. At 10 am. He'd been up for a whopping hour and a half. Rough life. Can't remember to put away his HUGE pile of laundry or take out the trash, but there's always time for a nap.

We finally sat down to watch the Boss DVD today. The Man says "What's the first thing you see? Something knitted." Aw....but seriously, Bruce sports a very large knit hat for the first part of the concert. It was great, but a bit too long for me. I saw this last week and it made me chuckle. I love my Bruce though.

There has been knitting - a few rows on The Man's sock when he went to play basketball yesterday, and many more rows on the Irish Hiking Scarf (which is slowly driving me nuts). Mom's gift had much progress yesterday until today when I decided that I either can't read the pattern or the pattern doesn't make sense. So I ripped. I have found an alternate pattern, and have a few rows done.

At Soup Night tonight I started on the stocking for The Man - his will be red and green stripes. I hope he likes it. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow before he wakes up.

I know I had more to say, but I've forgotten it. Here are some links for you to enjoy!
Via Bookslut - answers to all of your magazine cover questions!

From Marnie - some fun t-shirts. I really like the "Liberal" retro one. Very nice.

And from Lu -
You Are Pumpkin Pie

You're the perfect combo of uniqueness and quality
Those who like you are looking for something (someone!) special


Pumpkin! Yippee! My favorite!

Finally, my yarn came from Knitpicks on Thursday. I think the color combo will be very nice. If I ever have time to knit it.....


Off to watch Mad Hot Ballroom! Love Netflix!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the color combo- pink and brown together is my absolute fave. Can't wait to see what you knit up with it! You're the perfect holiday pie! ;-) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Jenn! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...your man and my man have the same problem. How can they nap after being up for an hour and a half??? And why will my husband dig through a basket of clean, folded laundry to find socks instead of just putting everything in the drawers? Beautiful holiday knits. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete