Monday, November 21, 2005

And the list just keeps getting longer...

So the knitted xmas gift list has grown since we last met. Well, really it's been growing for quite some time now.

These items have been added to the list:

Handwarmers for Grandma
Pasha for The Man (he loves penguins)
Several super secret surprise presents for various people who read the blog
Maybe Flora
A City Shawl has also been started, though I'm not sure who to gift it to.
Oh, and mom's secret present! Haha momma - not gonna give it away! (Though I do have to say that it is SO purty I want to keep it!)

The Man has recently mentioned that he'd "love a scarf to match my hat." Ha. As if I have time for such nonsense.

Oh, and just one more minor detail. Since I learned to knit The Man has been after me about knitting Christmas stockings. We only have cheapo store-bought stockings, as I was looking for the "perfect pattern" to cross stitch them with. My momma made all of our stockings and his momma made theirs, so I have to make ours. I bought a pattern for The Girl's last year, and had just started working on it when I learned to knit and cast everything else aside (I used to cross-stitch A LOT). It got dug back out last week, and some small progress has been made, but it will in no way be ready for the holidays.

But back to my point - knitted Christmas stockings. They're on the list too. Three of them. Gulp. My plan is to wrap them with the goodies inside, so it's two two two gifts in one! And they are top secret - in order to keep them a surprise of course. The yarn has been purchased, now if The Man would leave the house so I could work on them!

I do have some FOs to report -

Grandma's handwarmers are finished!


Knitty Gritty:

Pattern - Hand/Wrist Warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn - Bernat Softee Chunky in a pink color (too lazy to look it up)
Needles - Susan Bates US 8 DPNs
Dates - started last weekend, finished Wednesday or Thursday of last week.
Mods - I made them four rows longer than the pattern specified, as I wanted them to really come up to her fingers, and they didn't in the picture. I think they are a great length now.

Thoughts - I love them! They are SO warm, and soft and machine washable! I want some for myself now.

And my sis's top secret gift is finished:


Sorry I can't give you more details. You'll have to wait until after the holidays!

If you've stuck around this long, I have a confession to make. I didn't make my self-imposed deadline. I knew I wouldn't. Especially as I got distracted by two knits that weren't on the original list (you know what excuses are like). But it's all good. I've got a week of knitting time stretching out in front of me, and I can't wait! I'll knit for me - when everyone else has a gift.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:20 PM

    hopefully dh doesn't read blog. mission accomplished re your errand
    THE QUEEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handwarmers are beautiful!! Your grandma is going to love them! I'd have a hard time giving those away- so pretty! That is one mighty long list, but at the rate you're going, I have no doubt you'll get it all done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movin' right along, lookin' good! I especially love the handwarmers--they are so much more sophiticated than the gauntlets I've been knitting for people.

    ReplyDelete