Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What do you do when there's no knitting to show?

Hey, it's Random Wednesday!

1. Not much going on over here, sorry to disappoint. The sock grows bit by bit, the sleeve not so much. I did put in the zipper for ribby, but I have no pictures yet. I'll try to get some for tomorrow.

2. I'm trying to psych myself up for the crazy day of interviews I have ahead - I have a job fair through my university. 10 interviews, 30 minutes each. It's like speed dating. I feel like I should be nervous, but I'm not. Is that a bad thing? I sure don't feel confident either though.

3. I really really really really really really want to cast on for a new project since Ribby is done. It's taking everything in me not to, which may be why there is a decided lack of excitement toward my knitting recently. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to cast on a new project.....but I really want my socks done by Saturday......and my sweater......hmmmmmm.....

4. I've decided to join Flash Your Stash for Saturday and I've been busy taking pictures. Yikes.

5. Also, faced with our lack of income and the mountain of yarn I found when I started taking pictures of the stash, I decided to join the "Use What You Have" group - but I'm taking it further than my knitting/crafting. I can't buy anything that isn't a household necessity in April. That means dog food/people food/toilet paper is OK. Cute "thing" at Target? Not so much. Of course, I may have placed a Knitpicks order this week....Hey, I sold one of my old textbooks - that's free money baby!

6. I haven't mentioned it yet, but I joined the "Booty Swap" organized by Nipper Jenn, and I'm putting together the final items in my package. So fun!

7. Finally, I must go shower and find freakin' pantyhose to wear to this thing (I hate pantyhose more than almost anything else, but they look "professional." Blech). I leave you with some pictures of my flowers from last year. They didn't do well this year between the 80-30 degree weather and the torrential rains. But they were pretty last year!




8. Oh, and the bag? Yup, still there.

3 comments:

  1. oOoh! Loving the flowers. :) very pretty!
    I'm not one for pantyhose, either. Try as I might, I always end up with a run in them. Good luck with your interviews! That was always a difficult thing for me. I'd go in pretty confident, but afterward, I'd pore over everything I said and think "omg, what if they think I'm [insert insecurity here] because I said this and I don't get the job!?" It's good that you're not nervous, but it's also good to have some rehearsed default answers. :)
    Finish that sweater! I *heart* the colors!
    Oh, and your contest prize yarn will be sent out Priority Mail today so you should get it within the week or Monday. Yay! Free yarn in the mail! Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Beautiful bulbs!!!

    Darn - it's torture to go into Target and not look at the cute things! Why do they have to have all the cute things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the interviews! I've done that sort of "speed interview" thing. It's kind of weird but goes fast.

    I think I'm with you on the spending during April. No money here either. Damn you Target! Damn you and your adorable Spring products! :(

    ReplyDelete