Friday, March 10, 2006

Hoping to think pink soon....

A title I know I've used before, but it fits today.

I had planned this lovely pink post, but it was delayed by the unfortunate circumstances of the past few days, and now blogger won't let me upload pictures. Consider this an appetizer.

Pink is one of my favorite colors. If this is not obvious by my knitting, I'm not sure if anything can convince you!

There is much much more pink to come. I shall share the rest in bits and pieces over the next few days. I also found this great info on Wikipedia. Very interesting!

I've got head to bed now, I think everything is packed - yes the knitting is packed! I loved Wendy's post about leaving your stash behind. I totally get it. I think y'all do too!

Finally, this is what I heard from Yahoo today:
Hello,

Thank you for providing us with this update. We have verified that the
allegedly infringing
material appears to be removed from your Group FWKnits. As such, no
further
action will be taken against your Group FWKnits due to this report.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.


I have to say that I am impressed with Yahoo - it looks like they may be taking us seriously, and not SFSE - I love the "allegedly" in their note! I will keep the focus of the group on both Yahoo and the FWKnits blog to keep everyone informed. Thanks for all your words of support - I really appreciate them! And to anonymous who commented yesterday that "I am sorry to hear of your troubles seeing that we went through it also. You just have to change your name and remove the terms stitch "&" or "and" or "N" from your site and its description.
Honestly thought, this is the law they are following. NOW recently issued a statement on why women should not be taking up knitting and focusing on politics in the next election. I am sure it is because of stuff like this."

First, I shouldn't have to remove a word that is an accurate description of what my group does. Second, shouldn't I remove the word bitch too? Or are you afraid to type it? Thirdly, they are only following the law if we are on infringing upon their trademark. They DO NOT have a trademark on the words "Stitch and/&/n Bitch."

And finally, if NOW really is saying that, remind me to never give them any money. I can chew gum and walk, I can rub my stomach and pat my head, I think I can knit and discuss politics. Honestly. What a load of crap.

I promise ACTUAL KNITTING CONTENT tomorrow, providing I can find an internet connection. Same bat time, same bat channel.

4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking pink but seeing red thinking about this whole SFSE/ SnB stuff. I'm glad that Yahoo is taking you seriously- they should! And as a fellow gum chewing walker, I'm right there with you. ;-) Have an awesome trip, Jenn... looking forward to seeing all the wonderful pink knits! Stay warm and take care! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, is NOW really saying that? I'm going to have to check on that; if it's true, it's CRAP. Knitblogland was a VERY lively place around election time, full of articulate debate and opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the article at the NOW website:

    http://www.now.org/nnt/spring-2006/06elections.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun on your trip! Where are you going? (or did I miss that in a previous post. I'll go back and look. anyways, have fun!)

    ReplyDelete