Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Distractions

Sadly, the cardi remains zipperless - too much going on yesterday to make it to JoAnn's. We'll see if I get there today.

I was distracted from the second sleeve of Chrysalis by this nagging feeling.....what was I missing from my current knitting? Why a sock of course! I had been going all sleeves all the time since last week and the sock part of my knitter brain was crying out to be fed. So I appeased it by casting on for my second project spectrum pink sock.

I only got through the cuff last night, but I plan to work on it some tonight. I don't think I can get it and the sweater done by Friday though. We'll see.

I was also distracted by some mail that came yesterday.

By some miracle of God (and my credit card does not thank you for this miracle!) I was the lucky "winner" of Friday's offering of Vesper sock yarn. Wowee! Also, while I was lurking waiting for the yarn to go up, I threw this in my basket as well. I love the construction of this sweater, can't wait to knit it up!

So, quickly, before I am distracted again by kpixie's website, the reason I didn't get to knit much last night is because The Girl won second place from her school in a city-wide art contest! (for more details, go here, but it's not great because they haven't updated this site in a few years!). We thought it was a little reception for the kiddos, but it was a big deal! The mayor and the superintendent and the chief of police were all there and all of the winners from k-12 were there, and while the grade school kids were just recognized by standing, the middle and high school kids had their artwork displayed and received a certificate, a medal and a check! Two kids won trips to Disney World! We told The Girl she better be winning us that trip soon!

Finally today, some info on the Spring-a-long:

I've heard from a few of you that you'd like to do this spring knit-a-long, so here goes,

We'll start on Satruday, April 1 and continue through May 31.
You can join at any time, whenever you feel springy!
You can knit whatever you want, as long as it makes you feel springy!
Leave a comment or email me if you'd like to join and I'll add you to the sidebar.
I haven't decided what day I'll do updates, but I'll let you know!
If anyone has those button skills, feel free to whip one up!
Let me know if you have any questions too!
Spring on!


For you inquiring minds - the bag is still in the chair. Yup.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for The Girl!!! That totally rocks that she got second place! Any chance you'll post some pics of her masterpiece?

    Definitely count me in for the Spring-a-long. I'm 99.9% sure I'll be doing socks in either pink or green. No button skills, unfortunately, but thanks for coming up with this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo... more pretty yarn.

    ReplyDelete