Saturday, August 20, 2005

Leapin' Lizards

Words that you never want to hear: "Jenn, there's a lizard in my room."
First thought - How would you know? You can't SEE THE FLOOR in your room. But I put down the knitting and follow her down the hall.
Second thought - It's just a gecko. Ha Ha. She points under her art table, and I see nothing. I move one of the piles of clothes, and something runs (OK, I admit it, I jumped. It startled me!). I clear the area so it has nothing to run behind and find a box. As I'm trying to put the box on top of it, it runs into her closet.
How I wish I had a picture of this closet. It is very small, but CRAP is EVERYWHERE. I start throwing clothes, shoes, misc junk out of the closet and finally find the lizard. I get him trapped in the box (after two failed attempts during which I managed to pick him up by the leg - ouch) and carry him outside. I turn the box over on the ground, and he won't get out! I manage to shake him free and he just sits there. Hmmmmm, blog photo? Sure!



Isn't he cute? He was about 3 inches, and was missing his tail. He is a Fence Lizard, and you can read more about him here.

Must clean the house now to prepare for the PARTY!
I'm sure silly photos will be forthcoming.
Oh, and there has been knitting, but nothing of note. Yet.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:10 PM

    yikes in her closet???????????mom is very freaked, and stayn in hotls from now on

    ReplyDelete