Whew! This day was a bit of a doozy! I thought everything was going to be relatively simple, but that's what you get for thinking well of yourself!
I started off with the Simple Dress from Simple Sewing for Baby. Well, what should have been very simple turned into a 'am I crazy' search of the pattern and then the internet for errata about the mark to show where to stop sewing up the back seam. There was nothing I could find, other than other's mentions that the mark was missing. I guessitmated the mark at three inches below the neckline, sewed it up and tried it on Ellie. It works just fine at that marking. After that drama, it was just a matter of sewing on the bias tape and hemming it. I think it turned out really cute! Fabric is a remnant from Hobby Lobby.
I needed something to soothe my frazzled nerves, so I sewed up a quick pair of pants for Ben to wear at Christmas time. They are from a remnant of fabric I bought last year around Christmas time at JoAnn's. I had just enough!
While I was working with holiday fabric I grabbed the girls' Christmas dresses and got to work on them. Pattern is Simplicity 6719, the same pattern I used last year. I used vintage bias tape for the neckline and armholes, and some zippers sweet Caro was destashing a while back. Fabric from Hobby Lobby.
And finally, after hours (seemingly) of bias tape application, I sat down and started working on the Class Picnic Blouse from Oliver+S. Argh. I had to rip out and rebaste and restitch the front and back yokes to the front and back blouse pieces twice. And then I had trouble getting the sleeves to come out 1/2" above the yoke, and then I managed to sew the sleeves/sides to the wrong thing. Grrr. And I really wasn't sure what I was doing with the bias facing for the elastic casing on the shoulders. I didn't give up though, and the shirt turned out pretty cute. I won't let the pattern win - I will make this again, and now I know all it's tricks! :) Fabric from Hobby Lobby again!