Yesterday was a big finishing day for me! I managed to put the finishing touches on several items of clothing. It looks like I did a lot, but I started the pants on Sunday, and did most of the dresses Monday.
First up: The Poppy Bow Dress. I wanted to make a simple peasant style dress with long sleeves for the girls, and this pattern with the pockets(!) fit the bill. This pattern comes in sizes 1-8, so another one I can use for both girls.
For Samantha's dress I used some left over brown polka dot fabric I had in the stash, and leftovers from my bag. I made the size 4. I haven't had a chance to try it on her yet, but I'm pretty confident that it will fit.
For Ellie's dress I made a size 1. I used two remnants of fabric I had stashed. I was excited to find something to use the cute umbrella print for! I had stashed it away a while ago, but since it was a very small piece, it wasn't big enough for much. The pockets fit perfectly on the fabric!
For Ben I whipped up five pairs of Quick Change Trousers. I have been stashing away fabrics throughout the year for his new fall wardrobe, and I was so excited to get started! Be warned - lots of pictures follow!
And finally, I made Samantha the After School Shirt from Oliver +S. This was my first 'real' Oliver+S pattern, and I was a bit intimidated. But, other than a silly mistake (I sewed my right front shoulder to my left front shoulder and my right back to my left back - duh!), it wasn't bad at all! This is the size 5 and it is too big, but she can wear it now, and will be able to for a while! I think it turned out really really cute, and I'll be making this one again!