Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Cowl's the Thing

I have always loved scarves. I wear a scarf and sweater most of the winter in lieu of a coat (in all fairness, we usually don't need heavy coats here in Texas except for a few weeks). But the seduction of the Honey Cowl could be ignored no longer, and two skeins of Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Ruby Slippers came home with me one day.

honey cowl

I wish I had used a needle one size up to make it a bit more drapey, but I do like the size of it overall. It is very warm and toasty wrapped twice around my neck.


I then knit this for a class I taught this month - it is the Everett Cowl. I didn't enjoy the knitting of this (very long rows and very repetitive), but it came out so nicely after it was blocked. I'd almost consider knitting another for myself. It is a good length, and very pretty.

photo 2

Why do I make such funny faces when I take my own pictures?

1 comment:

  1. I recently fell down the Honey Cowl rabbit hole myself. It's hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete