Several months ago I pinned the link to this tutorial. A few months later, while perusing my quilt board for inspiration, I noticed that my sister had commented "Make me this!" on that pin (I don't always pay attention to pin comments - I will now!). I had happened to have just ordered a grey and yellow fat quarter bundle, so I set to work cutting it up.
I used Kona Snow for the 'paths' and the sashing. There was a lot of sewing, pressing, sewing, pressing, etc. in this quilt, but I think it turned out great.
I quilted 1/4" inside the big and small squares. At first I was trying to turn the beast under my machine at each corner, but I decided to do rows/columns and back stitch at the beginning and end of blocks. I'm sure that's probably 'not correct', but it worked!
For the backing and binding I used two prints that I purchased on separate trips to JoAnn's that coordinated perfectly! I was so excited that the looked so well together and with the quilt top.
She loves it, and I really love the way it turned out!