Monday, January 01, 2007

Knitterly Gifts (and Stash Enhancement)

Feeling scattered today, so in lieu of a "real" post, you get pictures of yarn!



Purchased some time ago, but not revealed yet, as another of these wonderful skeins was a Christmas present. Sweet Georgia in Life Aquatic. Yum.



Some reading material certain to keep me busy in the new year. Much of this pile was gifts, but I found Hot Knits and the two magazines at the used book store. I know, Hot Knits has some, um, questionable patterns. But it also has a few that I really like. And I wasn't going to buy VK or Knit 1, but for less than half price, I'll add them to the collection.


Lovely wool/mohair/alpaca blends from one of mom's knitty friend's stashes. Yum Yum.





Enough sock yarn to knit several pairs of gift socks in the new year.


And yarn for me. Yum. Most purchased with lovely gift cards to my LYS - enough yarn for Ariann, a grey cabled scarf, mittens and a yummy skein of J. Knits sock yarn. There is also yarn there for socks for mom and for a felted bag for me. I'm excited about all of this yarn - the baby alpaca for the scarf is oh-so-soft, the J. Knits is the most gorgeous shades of green, the mittens will be pretty (if I can decide on a pattern) and I'm seeing great versions of Ariann pop up everywhere, so I'm excited to get that on the needles. I'm also excited about the multicolored Paton's Classic Wool. I have several projects in mind for more of it!

There is more yarn en route, but it will be a while before it gets here no thanks to the Ford "holiday." I appreciate a president and all, and I realize that we should recognize their passing, but would I get the day off of work if it wasn't already school break? NO. Maybe I should work for the government - oh, wait. They don't get summers off. I guess I'll suffer through another mail-less day.

I promise that actual knitting content will return tomorrow - it's been over a week! Ack!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Look at all that sock yarn! Slobber, slobber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:00 PM

    What wonderful yarn you have! I can't wait to see what you knit up. What is "Ariann", by the way? Is it a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:13 PM

    Oohhhhh, lots of lovely yarn. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:15 PM

    Watch out for Hot Knits. I tried to knit one of the patterns from the book and the finishing instructions made so little sense. I could not figure out a decent way to make it work and ended up frogging the entire project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:09 AM

    That yarn is so beautiful! I love the pinks and greens and blues. Sounds like you have a lot of great projects ahead.

    My husband works for our state government, and he had to go into work on his birthday yesterday, which was disappointing. And the line at the post office today was nearly out the door, LOL!

    ReplyDelete