Both current swaps have "mini-memes" for us to fill out, so I thought I'd take this chance to
Your favorite colors? I really like pink, orange and red, but I've got lots of yarn in those colors. I'd kinda like blue/green/brown, but really anything is great! (Well, except for maybe mud/barf colors and clown colors!)
Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? Any would be fine, but I do love those socks!
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Either!
If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or
self-patterning yarn? Any!
Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic,
alpaca, etc.)? Sure!
Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? Ocean Waves
What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? To try out more dyeing!
General yarn/fiber questions:
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? Yup.
If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? I've only done Kool-aid, but I really enjoyed it!
Do you spin? Nope.
Have you knit socks before? Let me check.....yep.
Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? Socks.
What are some of your favorite yarns? Knitpicks Sock Garden/Landscape/Memories, Patons Classic Merino
What yarn do you totally covet? Most Debbie Bliss yarns, Socks that Rock.
Favorite patterns? I really enjoyed Clapotis, and see myself making that one again sometime.
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? The Mermaid jacket/sweater.
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I love my Chiagoo bamboo DPNs and my Clover circs.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Knitpicks - I'm cheap and easy!
Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Um, chocolate?!
What’s your favorite animal? Elephants
Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Yep - Rocky/mutt/about 13, Cassidy/Border Collie/7, Miles/Lab/1 1/2, Cocoa/kitty/3.
If you were a color what color would you be? Pink
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. Vintage floral pearl snap.
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Waves crashing on the beach.
Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. You have to laugh at yourself because you'll cry your eyes out if you don't.
Do you have a wishlist? Yep - on Amazon.
1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)? Knitpicks - cheap, easy, colorful.
2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with? Pink/orange/red.
3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns? Yep.
4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns? Yep - wool and wool blends.
5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn? Either.
6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them? Sure!
7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year? Over 50 I think - all sorts from hats, scarves, socks, sweaters, etc.
8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year? Tons.
9. What is your favorite one skein project? Socks.
10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it? A fair amount - I've got three rubbermaid tubs and two wicker hampers.
11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it? Not yet!
12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer? A little less - it's real hot here! I usually do smaller, lighterweight projects.
13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)? Yep - my local stitch & bitch.
And because no post is complete without pictures - here's Cocoa and her mousie. He's no SRM, but they are cute together!
Oh, the green sock pattern is the Cloverleaf Rib from the Six Sox KAL.