Thursday, May 11, 2006

Summer socks

I finished my April socks yesterday (just 10 days past due!) and I love them!

Pattern: Generic sock pattern with heel flap - 60 stitches.
Needles: Sz 1 1/2 (US) Brittany 5" DPNs.
Yarn: Sockotta - color #6670
Dates: April 1-May 10.
Mods: N/A
Thoughts: This stretchy yarn is very tricky at first - I had to go down both in needle size and stitch count to get them to fit, but they fit great now! They are very snug, but in a good way. They are also surprisingly warm - I guess that's the wool content! They were lovely on my tootsies last night 'cause it was a bit chilly here. I have another skein (from Boston) that I am looking forward to knitting up.

In other excitement, Jen & I went to knitting night at Yarns Ewenique (our new yarn store) tonight, and they both remembered us and knew our names! For having only been in the store once, I'm impressed by that! I'm also excited 'cause I'll be teaching a class for them this summer! Woo hoo! It'll be a kids knitting class and I'm thinking about making up my own pattern for them. We'll see. I'll keep y'all posted!

And yeah, I took down the ticker. I figured 3 knitting purchases in a week wasn't a good record for me. More on them soon!

2 comments:

  1. The socks are so pretty - the colors remind me of a yummy summery berry dessert. LOL I love it when a LYS remembers who you are too. A nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colors! Very summery!

    ReplyDelete