Monday, February 17, 2014

New Quilt-a-Long?

So last spring, I came across this pin on Pinterest.



(This image is from the Quilter's Guild of Plano)

I loved what they had done - taken the same block and sewed it up in 12 different ways, using the values and hues of the quilt blocks to make the block look different each time. I immediately drew up the block, and colored it in 12 different ways, then bought fabric and started cutting. It got put to the side over the holidays, but I decided it would be one of the first quilts I finished this year, so I plowed through all of the blocks in just a few days.



I would love to gauge interest in holding a quilt-a-long for this design. It can be as easy or as complicated as you would like. You can color your blocks in your 12 designs, or you could follow along with me.

You would need (at minimum) 1/2 yard cuts of fabric, three in values of one color, three in another and 2 in your last. I suggest a dark, medium and light value in each shade.  I used three values of raspberry, three of teal and two greys. (My dark grey I used for sashing and borders.)

Please let me know if you are interested! I would love to see all the possibilities you could dream up!

4 comments:

  1. That is very pretty! I'm looking for a triangles project... Is this made with half square triangles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marta3:16 PM

    I love the colors you chose. I would quilt along because I totally need another project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your last qal. this would be a great idea. Build it and they will come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:09 PM

    Just found your site and wondered if this ever became a quilt a long?

    ReplyDelete