Sunday, July 08, 2012

Quilting Blocks

I recently joined the Fort Worth Modern Quilt Guild, and they are doing a block of the month project. I haven't made a quilt where each block is different (a sampler quilt), and most of these blocks are totally out of my comfort zone, so I decided I would join in to try to push myself.

I decided to use solids, in an effort to not worry if I ran out of a print. I chose three colors, and added white. We're doing the Sew Mama Sew blocks of the month. Because the guild recently formed, we are running a few months behind.

July BOM
July

August BOM
August

September BOM
September

October BOM
October

November BOM
November

I haven't started on this month's block yet, but I'm hoping to get to it this week. So far the hardest thing for me on this project has been cutting small pieces out of yardage of fabric. And so many small pieces! But I will keep going - almost half done!

No comments:

Post a Comment