Friday, July 20, 2012

Granny Square Quilt

When I saw the Granny Square Quilt pop up on Pinterest, I knew I had to make one! I loved the block design, and all the different ones that started popping up in blog land and on flickr. I have been hoarding the DS Quilts fabrics from JoAnn's, and when I dug them all out, I found that most of them were blues and greens. I decided to use my few warm colors as the center squares and alternate the blues and greens for the inner and outer circles. I used Kona White for the triangles and the sashing. I used two Flea Market Fancy prints, and made two scrappy blocks to end up with 25 blocks.

Granny Square Quilt

I don't have a close-up shot of the quilting, but I did straight lines through the outer blocks within each block, so the lines run perpendicular to the blocks, which I like.

I used a large piece of one of the Picnic and Fairgrounds line for the backing, with some Kona Navy, which I also used for the binding.

Granny Square Quilt Back

I love how summery and picnic-y this one feels!


No comments:

Post a Comment